Notes from Puzzle Palace

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Apothecary chest part 2

The bidding still goes on for 2 more days unless according to the rules, someone bids up the price again on the last day then bidding will remain open for yet another day.

I was saddened when my first rather substantial bid was outbid within half an hour.  The second even more substantial bid stayed overnight, but we (a fellow HK blogger/puzzler) and I were out bid yet again.  I'm thinking of selling my bug so I can finance the puzzle.  Maybe take a second mortgage on the house....

More photos of this are coming in as the boxes get mailed to their designers.  I've taken the liberty of collecting them here (read wholesale theft-but I'm sure no one will mind too much as it really is a thing of beauty that they have all done)

Photographs are courtesy of Matt Dawson, one of the artists who designed a box inside the chest.







The best thing I've seen with this though is Jeffrey Aurand's unboxing video. Seeing this just makes me want to really go and hock my husbands new tv.



 (Thanks for letting me steal this Jeffrey!  You're a star!)

And if that's not enough to sway you to go bid, Allard has written a beautiful post about it over on his blog as well.

If you want this beauty, there is still time to head over to Baxterweb and toss in your bid.  But be warned, I'm going to give it one more shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment